Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

dash light bulbs out, can't see speedo

4K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  901-Memphis 
#1 ·
I finally lost my center bulb on the dash, now i can't see my speedo. Years ago i lost my tach bulb which wasn't a big deal but now the only thing i can see is my fuel level at night which makes it slightly dangerous to drive at night.

So i am looking at how to replace my dash bulbs. What tools do i need and which bulbs to replace it with? Should i just go ahead and replace them all while im in there?

Could it be anything else but a bad bulb? Previously my tach bulb went out like i said and was out for a few years then it mysteriously came back on for a few days before going out again.... I guess a bulb could do that right?

#13 ·
My (often faulty) memory tells me 6 illumination bulbs. I wouldnt bother ordering online.... just go to any parts store and grab a bunch.

#21 ·
So is there any reason why i would choose one bulb over another, such as longer lasting or the brightness or color temperature maybe?

If so whats the best bulbs to replace with for longest lasting or for aesthetics even?

Also anyone got any links for white face inserts that are quality to replace with while im in there? Or just better looking gauges?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.