Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooooo yesterday I'm on rt 138 between URI and west kingston following behind
a ford escape. I'm paying full attention to this escape not sure why but i soon found out.
I saw the left front tire fly off to the left and then the truck ass end starts to sway and she
smacks the guard rail and sends her back into my lane. i slow up and stop behind her to make sure
she was ok. she gets out and darts for my car. I get out and she ask me if she can use my cell phone.

i give her my phone but she was too nervous to call her dad so i call him for her.

state trooper pulls up, maybe early 20's if i was lucky. comes upto me and
ask me what the problem was, as the tire is sitting on the other side of the road.
i tell him her tire fell off. so we both walk over to the tire and he says can't
we just put the tire back on(mind you we are both looking down at the tire and the hub attached to the tire).
I say no thats not possible. he then shouts to the girl she has to move the truck it's blocking traffic.
I said to him it won't move with the tire missing, again he tells her to move it.

so i tell him don't you think if ford thought they could save money on the fourth tire and the car would still
move they would do it. :lol2: :lol2:

I needed to leave after the girl called the trooper a prick. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

all in a day's work

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
lol thats kinda funny not goin to lie reminds me of this LHS i saw this past summer front pass wheel flew off while going down the street tire few into someones yard and the car swerved and hit the curb pretty hard

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Wow, that statie was a ****.

I've never seen a wheel fly off a car (except for at a race track), but I've been behind plenty of cars where it looked like the tire and/or wheel assembly was about to come apart. Looks like safety inspections don't find much.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
so i tell him don't you think if ford thought they could save money on the fourth tire and the car would still
move they would do it. :lol2: :lol2:

[/b]
:lol: *Smrt* trooper.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
:homer:

Where are the brains of some people?????????????????????

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I used to manage a hotel right on interstate 35 in N Austin, we had a huge truck tire-wheel and all, fly off the freeway and went right through the windows in a guest room(occupied). It broke off stucco around the windows, and busted the windows right off the frames, crashing into the bed, breaking it. Luckily, the guest was eating breakfast in the lobby and wasn't in the room-or on the bed! The truck driver never stopped. A couple of years ago, a person was killed in Round Rock when a wheel from a dump truck fell off on the interstate, bounced across the median, and crashed through their windshield, killing the driver. This is why DPS stops truckers at random and also does saftey inspections at weigh stations in Texas. It's nice to know people are still driving cars and large trucks with no brakes, and wheels falling off. If everyone kept up on their cars/trucks this wouldn't happen so much.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I saw the aftermath of one such incident it was a nice truck looked like an F-350 large knobby tires, chrome accesories, a touch of blue and green wavy striping down the sides, it was sitting in the top of the turn, the wheel was sitting at the bottom.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Did the wheel come off of the F350 or the hub too? I dont see someone doing that type of damage on a 1 ton axle.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I love it when you see the "cool" kids coming towards you, and then all of a sudden their fancy hubcap cover comes spinning off :p

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
When my family and I was vacation in Florida we witnessed a tire literally explode on the tollway between Orlando and the Kennedy Space Center @ 75MPH. It was some chick in a Pathfinder and she lost the driverside front tire. She made it to the median and the rear only flew around a bit but no crash. I was surprised and impressed.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Did the wheel come off of the F350 or the hub too? I dont see someone doing that type of damage on a 1 ton axle.
[/b]
It was like two years ago, but I believe the entire wheel was off the axle, as in somebody forgot to tighten the bolts on it and it came off in the middle of the turn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts