Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man oh man. So as I spend $160 something on an alternator, $36 on them Bosch spark plugs, $30 something for the spark plug wires, and a free sound system re-wiring courtesy of A-1 Audio, I think everything is going to be perfectly fine, and my car will run so much better and would have less problems...

Then the good-ole infamous CHECK ENGINE light comes on.

Then it goes off...and then on. I think you get the idea.

Well not only is it bothering me that it comes on, but the fact of when it comes on, that yellow bright light gets really annoying (as most of you agree on probably).

Anyone have ANY clue on why it's comming on? Or should I hook it up to a computer to find the problem? If i do the computer thing then im sure i'll want to junk the car because there is so much wrong with it that i dont know about, and it will drive me crazy...

It's bad enough already being 3 different color greens, and kinda purple...but now its needing so much work on the engine and other components, that i am accutally about to junk it.

I dont know, im going insane and no one will read this because its so long but hey, oh well....

So yea i need help. Badly. Or the clitaurus will be on a flat bed next week..lol..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is the car running fine or is it idling funny? Some people will overtighten sparkplugs and little hairline cracks in the ceramic. Go to autozone and they will tell you what the code is.

J

·
0 Posts
Yeah, is everything running OK? Also, you can just take your car to an AutoZone (hopefully there's one near you) and they will read your codes for free so you'll know what the car's complaining about.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh there are pleanty autozones by me...and im in there all the time...its my favorite store...but yeah..

Thanks for the idea, i will be up there sometime today!

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i go into autozone, and say hey, i installed this, this and this on my car, now my check engine light comes on. They go "what year is your car", I say "94" he says, we cant help you. Our Check Engine light analysis is only for 1995 and up or something along them lines. I know that guy is bull-sh*ting about it. So he gets an attitude and goes, "yeah well so your going to have to go to the ford dealership on telegraph".....I offically hate autozone now. I'm boycotting.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by bumpin_taurus@Feb 19 2004, 03:26 AM
So i go into autozone, and say hey, i installed this, this and this on my car, now my check engine light comes on. They go "what year is your car", I say "94" he says, we cant help you. Our Check Engine light analysis is only for 1995 and up or something along them lines. I know that guy is bull-sh*ting about it. So he gets an attitude and goes, "yeah well so your going to have to go to the ford dealership on telegraph".....I offically hate autozone now. I'm boycotting.
can't you do the paperclip trick in your car to read the codes? or is a 94 too new for that? i don't know really. you would think autozone could read the codes. maybe not.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
unfortunately, th autozone here is just the opposite. they have the OBD-I scanner, but not an OBD-II. I have a MIL on im my car, and I have no way to read it, without spending $40 to have it done.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
They are suppose to have an OBDII scanner available at all stores to read customer codes. If you want I have the internal corporate email sent to all stores that instructs them of that.

Worked real good for me once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts