Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have been reading up on weird electrical issues and they have pointed to the trs. But I believe that is on the 3rd gens. Well I have 4th gen. So heres whats going on, first the battery light is on. It goes on and off when it wants to. Next the ABS light came on and went off, then the HVAC and radio assembly locked up. It all eventually went back to normal. So now today the "check transaxle" light came on. After a key cycle it hasn't come back on yet. The car is running normal, no noises or anything of that sort, just the annoying lights. I have already went through the charging system and it is operating the way it is intended. To clarify, I am a Chrysler tech, so I'm not a noob, just unfamiliar with Fords electronics. Now what I am leaning to on a complete hunch is the ignition switch or module, what ever you guys call it. I have already pulled the cluster and inspected the connectors and spread the terminals a bit for better contact. No corrosion was found there. I'm sorta stumped on this and wondering if any of this is related. Any suggestions? Aside from checking grounds and what not for corrosion, I have checked that already but I am going to double check that when I can get it back in the shop.
Thanks, Chris

·
Super Moderator
8,863 Posts
TRS problems are not just a G3 problem. G4 can also have TRS problems, but I am guessing lessare reported just because G4s are newer / less miles than most G3s out there. With that said, your problem(s) are not the typical ones associated with a failing/failed TRS.

Ignition switch is a definite possibility. Checking grounds is a good next step. As I am sure you know, bad grounds can cause a ton of weird, seemly unrelated problems.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Have you done a charge system load test? It may just be that you're not producing enough power. Low running voltage will cause those module dropouts you describe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you done a charge system load test? It may just be that you're not producing enough power. Low running voltage will cause those module dropouts you describe.
Yes, I have even put a new battery in there (because it was free). I'm still searching around, hopefully I can get this figured out. I just bought this car a month ago. :angry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.