Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. I don't know.. it seems like a bunch of Tauruses are being hurt out there.. Lets get a count.. THIS month, how many tauruses have been involved in some sort of accident.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am gonna hunt down mother nature in her sleep! :angry: :p

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Would you say $5500 on a $9000 car as major damage? If not, how about the inability of said vehicle to drive at speeds over 15 mph? :curse:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by TrueBlue@May 20 2004, 10:02 PM
Would you say $5500 on a $9000 car as major damage? If not, how about the inability of said vehicle to drive at speeds over 15 mph? :curse:
I'd say anything over $1500 is MAJOR damage.. well..unless we're talking about a Ferrari

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Hey, our bull has had its battle scar for over a year now...does that count? :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
You all remember my damaged lil red bomb. heh
Which time ya talking about ash?

J/K :p

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I voted :( Someone hit my car with an egg about 2 weeks ago. I thought I hosed all of it off the windshield, but a little bit of it got on the roof and I didn't notice until a week later :eek:

·
Registered
193 Posts
The estimate I got for mine was $1900. It wasn't major damage by any means either. It only needed a new fender, hood, bumper cover, header panel, right headlight, right side marker, washer tank, and paint. The insurance company sent me a check for $1400 ($1900 - $500 deductable) and I did it all for less than $1000. So I walked away with $400 and my insurance didn't go up.

Nothing like getting paid to get in an accident!

Maaco wanted to charge me $800 to paint 4 parts. I couldn't believe it. I told them I was installing them myself. They said I would have to put them on unpainted and they would have to take them off, partially paint them off the car, then put them on and paint the rest and "blend the paint to create an illusion like the new paint matches the old." I took them to Earl Scheib and got them done for $300, although they did kind of a crappy job. The hood I bought was CAPA certified for fit and finish. It doesn't fit anywhere near right. The paint doesn't want to stick to it either. The non-CAPA certified parts fit better. CAPA wants to pay me for the hood but they won't pay for the paint. So what I am trying to do is find a torn up 99' that is Amazon green and take that hood.

Anyone know where I can find one?

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I can't vote... it won't let me vote with only one response. The only response that fits my car is "I've been lucky, not a scratch."

·
Registered
292 Posts
I win....totalled, bought it back for $400 and driving it every day
:chili: :banana: :chili: :banana:

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Crossing fingers, knocking on wood, and putting rabbit's foot back in pocket....not a scratch.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Well I didn't vote, but Late febuary I wrecked my car. Estimate was $1700 total ended up being $8000. I bet if they knew that they would have totalled it. But she runs great, consistently getting 30 MPG highway, and 24 hot rodding through town. ( water injection is goood).

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
mine may have gotten a new scratch here or there, never really looked, currently at the ford dealer, hope the storm didnt do anything to it. were only goin to pick it up monday cause we dont have much parking space here at home.. and we dont really need it at the moment

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
It seems like a lot of people here are ignoring part of the original question.
this month and last month

1 - 18 of 18 Posts