Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just left home driving down the street, when my 2000 Duratec really started to misfire and the engine light started flashing. I was so happy. This engine had been acting up for a few weeks and nothing was showing up on the scanner, no codes or pending codes. I turned around, went back home and hooked up the scanner. A pending code of P0302 was listed (misfire cylinder #2). Of course it had to be cylinder #2 in back. I was hoping it was the coil. I have a backup car and went to the dealer for a new coil and sparkplug. I know, I know, why go to the dealer. I didn't want to screw around lookin for this thing and I wanted a part I know would be no problem. Took off the cowl and removed the coil and plug. But, this is what happened. When I installed the new plug and pulled on the extention, the sparkplug socket remained on the sparkplug!. Luckily I was able to gently manipulate the socket off the plug. So next time I will tape the socket to the extensions. I cleared the code and drove it a bit. Seems to be running ok right now. Lew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts