Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I just got my flowmaster 40 series this morning and I'm in the process of mounting it. But I need the cut the old muffler off. What should I use to cut it? And no, I don't have a cutting torch
. Any answers would be of great help!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hacksaw, cutoff wheel, if you have an Autozone nearby they will loan you an exhaust pipe cutter tool.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
an exhaust pipe cutter tool? do they charge to loan things out? I started with the hacksaw, and I'm about 1/16th of the way through it and i'm already tired. lol.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
The cutoff tool at autozone is something like a chainsaw chain attached to a vice-grip. They charge no more than $30 for that tool, you get the cash back when u return it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used a hacksaw my self. It took about 5 minutes each. New blades. Out of curiousity how did you attach the muffler back to the exhaust (new) with out a welder? I had to rig mine until I went to a shop and had them weld the last hanger by the bumper to the muffler. I clamped the front end of the muffler.

James

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DONE and DONE! I just used a 2 1/8" repair pipe, and ran it back, then I clamped it on with 2" muffler clamps. It sounds AWSOME! I'll get some pictures and videos later on today or tommorow. Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts