Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was drifting off to sleep when an idea occurred to me:

Couldn't one replace your roof liner with a tapestry? I know companies exist that replace roof liners with regular color materials (beige, grey, etc.), but anyone know of any companies that offer that same materials in custom designs, such as the American Flag, rock bands, etc?

Hmmm, I have been looking to open a business....

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
People custom make their own head liners all the time. At one time, I had even thought of turning my interior into all gray, and making a velvet crushed headliner and rear tray (where the rear speakers and 3rd brake light are located) as well as changing the carpet located on the door panels into velvet crush. Then, I thought about it and I decided that getting all gray interior panels would be way more money than I was willing to spend and I just sort-of forgot about the idea.

But really, it's simple to do :) I'm sure you could figure out how!

·
Registered
367 Posts
actually i think thats a great idea. i was thinking of something along the same lines a couple of weeks ago when i debated on spraypainting a logo under the hood. a totally custom inlay would be awesome. the only difficulty would be fitting to various cars. business eh? need a partner? hehe

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I did a custom one in my '85 F150, I used foam cutouts spray adhesived to the roof, and covered with 2 different colored cloths that turned out pretty cool. Probably be a lot harder in the taurus, though.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Sep 10 2004, 08:35 PM
People custom make their own head liners all the time. At one time, I had even thought of turning my interior into all gray, and making a velvet crushed headliner and rear tray (where the rear speakers and 3rd brake light are located) as well as changing the carpet located on the door panels into velvet crush. Then, I thought about it and I decided that getting all gray interior panels would be way more money than I was willing to spend and I just sort-of forgot about the idea.

But really, it's simple to do :) I'm sure you could figure out how!
Changing the carpet in the doors to a navy suade or something- now that would be cool.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I know there is, or atleast there usto be a minnesotan company that did this. I saw a display of theres at a local car show a couple years back. can't remember what it was called though and I don't know if they are still in buisness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts