Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys... I was thinking of making my own ipod dock in my taurus in which I would run the chord, that connects my ipod to my radio, thru the left a/c vent above the head unit. I am tired of having to pick up my ipod from my center console and i would much rather have right next to the steering wheel pretty much for easy access. I was wondering if any of you had any ideas about how i should go about doing this? Materials or any other suggestions? I would like it, so that if i eventually sell my taurus, where i could take the ipod dock apart and put the a/c vent back in... but i would also like it to look as clean or as oem as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Yeah, go to Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices. They sell excellent docks that look and fit nice. They do not modify the stock setup in any way, so if you need to remove them later one, they don't ruin the appearance of the interior. They are a little bit on the pricey side, but the quality is extremely high, and these guys actually have vehicle specific instructions. Their product, at least all the ones I have used so far were made in Europe.

·
Registered
150 Posts
How about a windshield mount instead? I use a suction-base mount for my smartphone that keeps it just a few inches above my hand when on the steering wheel. It is below my normal line-of-sight, so it doesn't interfere with driving, but it is easily accessible if I need to hit the button to take a call on speakerphone. Here is a link to a similar product for the iPod,iPhone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm mounting the cd changer for my aftermarket pioneer inside the center console on my gen 3. Running the cord underneath and drilling a hole, then just velcroing it where i want it. velcro so i can grab it off if i want, so the passenger can mess with it. ill post pics once im done. out of sight out of mind.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Mines nicer, have a look.

Whenever I have to take a call, its right there, just grab it, it undocks so there is no cord still attached. Then when I hang up, it just plugs back in and I can resume what I was listening to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is nice. I had mine sticking out like that but didn't like it. the control panel for my cd player is tiny, only 1/2 in by 2 in so i just want it to stay looking stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts