Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone be interested in some cutom interior work.I am about to start doing upholstery work again and i received my fabric samples today.As far as seats go,the sky is the limit.The companyy I am going to be buying my stuff from has vinyl,leather,leatherette,suede,velour.....all with different grains.I can even do seats in carbon fiber.
I can get carpet to match any interior.I can get the headliner material to match any interior.
Using my extra conquest seats ,I will be doing a sample seat in black with red inserts using leatherette.It is cheaper than leather,but looks close to it.
Using leatherette,velour...price will run araound $400 for both the front buckets and rear seats.
Leather,suede,or carbon fiber.....price will be $750 for front/rears.
I will also be doing custom stitching(I am going to stitch CONQUEST on my headrest....silver stitch on black velour)This will $50 extra on cloth...$75 on leather and suede)That will cover both bucket seats.
If you live close by,Removing the seats and doing them onsite is included in the price i gave.
If you need them shipped and you put the seat covers on yourself,I will give a discount.I may need a set of seats for a pattern,so whoever wants to donate a set,I will give a discount for that person.
I will be doing this for numerous car clubs i am in.
And if anyone wants anything upholstered,I can do any
vehicle.....trucks,cars,bikes...etc..
And for those who want to go pimp on their ride.....i can get crushed velvet.I think i am going to do a onyx suede..on onyx crushed velvet for a sample seat.seat will be suede with velvet inserts.
so,post your opinions please.

G

·
We've needed a good option for a long time! Especially us SHO owners, normal seat covers don't seem to fit well, and custom work is usually a lot more expensive than what you've mentioned.

If you need seats for patterns, and are in the New England area, I have a set of 91 SHO seats, and a set of 93 LX bucket seats you could use.

G

·
Sounds pretty good. I can run it past some guys on another car site I belong to (you've already told these guys) and I'm sure some may be interested. I may look you up in the future for my Trans Am seats. I am tired of the tan interior and would like to see something in a blue/black or blue/silver or blue/gray (yeah I like dark blue so what, lol) my car is midnight blue mettalic (Nocturne Blue to be exact) and I think a new look inside will be right with the new digital guages I'm going to do.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
leatherette-its a vinyl material that looks and feels kinda like leather.Its nice actually.
and i am in alabama.I should have some seats to show soon.I am getting the fabric ordered now so i will post them up once i have them done.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I am interested in seeing some pictures...I've been wanting to get my seats re-upolstered for a while. I want to see some leather/leatherette seat covers, mainly to see how tight of a fit they are.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
where at in AL? i've got a few buddies in the bham area, and i think one of them might want some work done sometime :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts