Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, someone has been making custom gauges for Thunderbirds/Cougar for quite a while now. They are second to none. I have them on my 97' Bird and my Taurus, and I will be getting a set for my 95' Bird real soon (that are that good
)

Now, he is looking into making them for the newer SHO's, and he/I wanna see if there is any interest in them.
Here is his website - The pictures are really good, but they still do not do the gauges justice.
http://www.geocities.com/slhrbacek/Gauges.html

He is an excellent guy to deal with, and everyone who has bought his gauges on TCCOA (Thunderbird club) have been extremelty happy with both the product and his service.

Here is an example of one of the styles he has done -

He can customize them to your liking - what color they light up, font style, logos if you want, many more things, even flames.

His email is on his site, as well as pricing.
You can also pm/email me with basic questions to ask him if you prefer.

I have "poorly" taken pics of the gauges intalled in my cars as well if anyone would like to see them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd be interested if I could see them before I buy them and it depends on price of course. It would be nice to see a set that's not all messed up like the ones from Procarparts. If you look at their 96-99 SHO gauges...they have some serious alignment problems between the numbers and lines on the speedometer.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would be extremely interested. I would love to have a silver face with green or blue numbers.

Keep us posted

Later

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are more pics on his website, as well as prices
(in my first post is the link)
For a "basic" set, it's $30 uncut (comes on a sheet), or $45 all cut out.
$10 for flames, and custom work is on a per set basis. This is on his site, and more.

As for the number/slash alignment, are you talking about where the dash points to the number?
here is a pic from my Bird to show that alignmet - (the T-Bird logo lights up at night)

here's a pic of the above one when it was "dark" out - the light/numbers show up more in real life - like I said before, the pics ust don't do them justice.

Here's an overall pic of the ones in the Bird

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I would definitely be interested as long as they aren't the "LumiGlow" type, but rather light by bulbs from the rear like OEM.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Whoa! TCCA Logo guages would totally own!

-Dan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, not the illumi-glow stuff. Uses the bulbs like the factory ones

Here's a set of flame ones -

at night

Here's his site again, for people not reading my first post

http://www.geocities.com/slhrbacek/Gauges.html

Dan - I ad him put a TCCA logo on the set for my Bull, and it came out awesome.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yeah, i would seriously spring for a set, that is if the price is right....but, i do not see anything for the SHO, or with a Ford, or SHO emblem on it.... if there were some, than.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by ATauri_92@Dec 8 2003, 02:40 PM
yeah, i would seriously spring for a set, that is if the price is right....but, i do not see anything for the SHO, or with a Ford, or SHO emblem on it.... if there were some, than.....
See my pic above

It's based on what the person wants, it's not a "set" design.

The reason you do not see anything on his site for a SHO is because I am checking on interest for them.

I have pics of my Taurus ones, but I messed up when I cut the speedo out around the gear indicator - it's not a straight cut (I suck
)
I will post pics in a bit.

Oh, btw I didn't have the Ford logo light up, but it could. Also he was thinking make the Bull's eyes light up red possilby.
Like I said, it's all pretty much customized to how you want it, and depending on how much customization and how detailed etc... depends on the extra cost.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, here you can see my fantastic cutting skills - I used a box knife, instead of an exacto-knife, also I only had to cut out the gear indicator on the gauge, as the gauges for the Taurus was a special request and I had them made up like the Thunderbird ones.

Here are 2 craptastic pics that were taken w/ the lights off - don't worry, they light up perfect in real life including the Bull symbol

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
!! Oh my gosh, those are the coolest guages I have ever seen on a Taurus. I want to buy a set NOW! How much are they?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Majisto@Dec 8 2003, 05:43 PM
!! Oh my gosh, those are the coolest guages I have ever seen on a Taurus. I want to buy a set NOW! How much are they?
Well, it depends on what you want.
For a "simply" set they are $30 not cutout (they come on a sheet, you cut out yourself), or $45 and he cuts them out and all you have to do is put them in

All details are on his site, including prices, different designs he has done, and his email if you wish to contact him with further questions.

On another note, I just emailed him regarding the non-SHO 96-99 gauges, so we shall see about them.

Here is his email if anyone is too lazy to look at the site

[email protected]

Like I said before, excellent guy to deal with.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by djnb40@Dec 8 2003, 08:50 PM
How about the warning lamps???  Do they shine through or need to be cut??
They shine through, and I believe you can have them shine different colors if you want, not sure how much extra that may be (if any extra cost). Probably depends on the colors, and how many you change etc....

Edit: I see you have a Thunderbird, are you on TCCOA?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a questioin for the Gen4 people. How do your gauges differ rom the Gen3?
He wasn't tplanning on making any for the Gen4, but if they are basically the same, something may be able to be worked out.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by Aaron_T@Dec 13 2003, 07:53 PM
I have a questioin for the Gen4 people. How do your gauges differ rom the Gen3?
He wasn't tplanning on making any for the Gen4, but if they are basically the same, something may be able to be worked out.
For one, the speedo goes upto 120 instead of 110. I think the position of the tach is different too. My tach is on the right hand side of the speedometer if you are looking at it from the driver's seat.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
OK, I'm confused. What's really going on here to make these custom guages? First of all, is an overlay so you keep your gauge face in place and put these over it, or is it a replacement? Second, do the same guage lights, tick marks, number, etc light up?

-Dan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So are they like the Gen3's then, since they have some w/ 120mph speedos?

Now for the SHO gauges, he has now made a prototype set for the SHO -

http://www.geocities.com/slhrbacek/SHOGauges.html

this would not be the design you would have to get, but IMO it's awesome, and if I had a SHO I would get this design.

Edit: Dan, they replace the factory faces, and all the idiot lights and tick marks light uo the same - unless you want that customized.
The reason I was asking about the Gen4's is cuz I was hoping that the gauges would be the same as a Gen3/SHO, so you guys could get some as well, but it doesn't appear so.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
The 99 and 2000 are the same gauges I believe, however the locations of some indicator lights moved between different years of gen3 and gen 4 (confusing huh?). I'll try and get a photo of my 2000 and I can get a picture of a 97 and a 98.

-Dan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, that's something interesting you brought up. I would assume that all Gen3 SHOs would have all the same warning lights etc..

I actually have a pic of my factory 96' gauges that I just scanned on a scanner, and I will find that after work. So not all Gen3's (non-SHO's) have the same warning lights?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts