Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently working on a custom center console for my 1996 GL. Just started painting today. I was wondering if anyone else had ever done/seen anything like this or was planning on doing something similar. Ill have pictures in the next few days :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pics

this is what it looks like, (pre-paint). I've ran into some problems with the paint. It's going to be hunter green but the surface has gotten contaminated somehow and i need to strip it all off...

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Pretty nice man!

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
You're very talented..I just went with the '99 factory console. If I tried to do that I would just end up bashing it with a hammer..I have no paitience with that kind of thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SHOOT! if ida known that that's what the '99 console looked like, I probably woulda just got one of those! But it has been a lot of fun making this one, I've never done anything like it. And as far as patience goes... It's being stretched pretty thin right now! was almost done with paint and ended up having to sand it basically all the way back to wood (mdf in this case). I just want to be done!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres what it looks like finished. I got so fed up with my painting abilities and decided that after sanding back to wood twice i was just gonna wrap the darn thing in vinyl! Which I'm thinking ended up better than pain would have :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Instead of paint, I would recommend just cover it with the same color/style carpet. Other than that it looks great. I think it takes up a lot of room, but you obviously could do a lot of things with that hollowed space, like install a car-puter... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts