Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1998 Ford Taurus was fatally injured a few weeks ago when some blind fool skidded through an intersection. Apparently the damage to the rear axle is a little too severe to justify the repair bill.

I went shopping this weekend, and will not be buying one of the new 5th generation. I don't like the styling, handling, or price. I'm not sure what I'm going to go with yet.

I purchased my Taurus nearly new and maintained it for about 10 years. I put over 1/3 of a million miles on it, and did my own repair and maintenance work whenever possible. I changed the oil over a hundred times, the tranny fluid over a dozen, and replaced all sorts of various suspension parts.

I really loved this car, and will miss it very much.

I took this pic about a month ago and just hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. There's about 337,000 on there now, and that's where it will stay.

By the way, that was on the original engine and original transmission. There's no reason these things can't last a good long time - just keep up with the maintenance!

I very much appreciated these forums and the technical resource they provided. I hope my meager contributions helped someone as well.

Best of luck, YMB.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
*dances to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy song*

Sorry to hear about that :( It it destined to go off to the crusher, or are you going to try and sell it/part it out?

·
Registered
119 Posts
*playing Taps* :salute: I am sorry. Losing a car is like losing a piece of yourself, especially such a nice car like a Taurus. I hope you are fine. :eek:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. Even though I currently own an 03 Taurus and like it a lot, my 98 Taurus will always hold a special place in my heart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dang that sucks dude. I hope your ok. I know how it feels to lose a taurus with memories and miles. My grandpa gave his 95 taurus wagon that he bought new to my uncle. It's still in the family but I haven't seen it in over a year. It had 360k when he got rid of it, that's with original motor & trans. I have to be honest, when my grandfather told me that he gave it away, I teared up. I don't care what people say, you do get attached to cars. Because when you have a car that long, with that many memories, it feels like you've lost a family member. Good luck to you with your search of a new car. :x:

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. :(
Have you seen the 2010 Taurus yet??
That might be a car for you if you can wait a little for it to come out. :)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That is quite an accomplishment. Original transmission and engine? Have you written to Ford yet? Sorry to hear the car totaled, but why not pick up a nice low mileage 07 and start all over again...see if you can hit 400k. Even without the bull, you are still welcome on here.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
That's so sad. :( I hope you find a suitable replacement. Can't truly replace it emotionally, but maybe there's something out there to fill the void.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts