Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Sable DOHC 3.0 Wagon. Crushed T-joint in radiator hose (see attached picture). A few years back when I had someone replace the radiator hose, they used a hardware-store clamp (the kind you tighten down with a screwdriver).

This clamp has been tightened so hard it crushed its end of the plastic T-joint that connects the hose coming from the radiator to the T-joint. This is where it now leaks. You can see the clamp in the photo just below the red battery post cover. The crushed plastic end it hooks to is inside the hose.

I'm not sure which part I'm supposed to get, because I can't tell what "upper" and "lower" mean. The part that looks right (Gates W0133-1705976) says it's the 'lower' hose, but this hose is about the highest-up hose under the hood. Any help appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 Ford Taurus 3.0L Wagon 226,362 miles
461 Posts
The part you're talking about (#976) looks like the hose that comes from the lower radiator outlet and goes to both the plastic degas bottle (the larger end), and the front cover (narrower end) ... at least on *my* '97 3.0 OHV Vulcan wagon that's the way it is. You've got a 2001 DOHC OHV (the next gen), so maybe a little different?

Last year I had a factory-molded "T" in the "H" coolant hose (the hose that runs parallel to the heater core) start to leak on me. I could've replaced the entire hose for something like $75, but instead I just bought a plastic replacement "T" at AutoZone (for like $2.00), made three cuts to removed the molded "T", and installed the replacement "T" in its place with hose clamps. Maybe you could do something similar? The only thing is - you have to make sure you've got enough slack in the hose connections to pull it back together with the new "T". It was a little tight for me with the "H" hose because the molded "T" was rather large on the exterior (which took out about 3" of hose in two directions! Also, make sure you get the right inside diameter on the replacement "T". There are at least two different sizes you can buy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for these hose but I don know the name to order these conect to the water pump and other hose it's under

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have you thought about visiting one of your local JY's? I pulled all the hoses/fittings from a donor car for my '04 Sable DOHC for this very reason as I thought it would be very difficult to locate any of them if/when the time came. At the very least, I could take what I needed down to the local dealership and show them exactly what I needed (assuming Ford hasn't discontinued them). Would also help if you confirmed the year and engine (assume it's a DOHC) as I don't know if there were variations to the hose configurations throughout the early-mid 2000's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts