Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a 2003 taurus. just bought the car and i could not get the cruse control to engage ....

-I dont see a fuse for it in the book....

-I dont even see it turn on the dash when i start the car, should it turn on and off when you start the car like all the other lights ?

-The car has storage insurance on it for now, its going on the road in a month or two so is there anyway I can test the on off switch while its in the driveway or do I have to be going down the road at 25 mph to even see if my tinkering has worked ?...........

Thanks !

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
One thought

Hello

I have a 2003 taurus. just bought the car and i could not get the cruse control to engage ....

-I dont see a fuse for it in the book....

-I dont even see it turn on the dash when i start the car, should it turn on and off when you start the car like all the other lights ?

-The car has storage insurance on it for now, its going on the road in a month or two so is there anyway I can test the on off switch while its in the driveway or do I have to be going down the road at 25 mph to even see if my tinkering has worked ?...........

Thanks !
See pic attached. Mine would not shut off. I got a button from the Pick A Part. Easy to clip out of the wheel. By ohm meter, no contact of the off contacts. This is a pic of my old one taken apart. It has lights, but some do not.

Now, if the 'on' had be the bad one, it would be more difficult to logic that would be the cause. One would not expect that is the place to start. With the 'off' only it seemed more logical.

As you see, the thing is easy to take apart and put back. I found no reason why the contacts would not make on the old one. Cost $2 for one at the yard.

Good luck.

-chart-

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cruise control

Good moring

Thanks for the reply

I found some way to test the system

Hold off and then cycle through on-off-on-off (without starting the car)

the Cruse light turns on once then off I then hit On , + ,- and resume

the light flashes for each of the button tested I then heard a noice from the engine bay of the cruise control testing ?
the light did not come back on after i did that ...
and i cant test the bastard untill i get road insurance in october...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and i have a "pick a part" near me Ill get a switch as it will be cheap as well as long as the airbag is toast.

·
Registered
200 Posts
One member just recently mentioned that his cruise control was not working, and he took apart the switch and just cleaned the contacts with alcohol, and got his system working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts