Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the cruise controls on the steering wheel are supposed to light up when the headlamps are on? I bought this car used and they never light up, cruse works fine. Every other car I had did light up. Is there just a lamp or how do you remove the switch assy. from the wheel?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (davep105 @ Mar 28 2010, 11:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=793869
Does anyone know if the cruise controls on the steering wheel are supposed to light up when the headlamps are on? I bought this car used and they never light up, cruse works fine. Every other car I had did light up. Is there just a lamp or how do you remove the switch assy. from the wheel?

Thanks![/b]
Later build 2002 Tauruses had this feature (like ~May 02 built). You can add this to your car with the correct clockspring, cruise buttons, and tapping the illumination feature into the vehicle wiring (something I want to do eventually).

·
Registered
2000 Sable Wagon LS with OEM sunroof
87 Posts
Nick
Did you eventually upgrade to illuminated cruise control buttons?

I ask because my Model Year 2000 Sable, but with Dec 1999 build date needs a clock spring & operable buttons. It also has a severely rotted leather steering wheel. However, it appears clock spring connectors were from < 2000 vintage and so far have been unobtainable. Obviously upgrading to 2002+ is my preference. I'm very familiar with a multimeter and auto wiring so I'm comfortable doing it.

Specifically how [what wire] should be used for illumination power?

Thanks
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts