Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 93 Gl 3.8s' cruise control went out last night and I dont know the first thing about how to trouble shoot the problem........please help :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
my cruise controll on my 93 gl isnt workin either, how do i check the dump valve and brake switch?? i dont know the first thing about it...........

·
Registered
341 Posts
as i understand it, the brake switch is underneath the brake pedal. it lets the cruise know when you hit the brakes so it can disengage. notorious for going kaput.

as for dump valve...no idea what that is. someone else will though, i'm sure. also, as sabledale said, check your fuses.

good luck.

B

·
0 Posts
Any check engine light? A bad vehicle speed sensor will cause the cruise to malfunction.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the power for the cruise control and horn flow thru the same wiring setup...cause not only does my cruise control not work but i discovered my horn is dead too <_< ....now i just gotta locate the fuse box for all of that and check it....anyone care to inform me as of the location of the box?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the horn and cruise control are workin now..I found the fuse box and luckily enough i still have the original owner manual to my car and i looked up wich fuse controled the horn and when i went to pull it out i got a rather nasty suprise...it was hotter than the devils ass in summertiime...maybe cause i had just gotten back from the store. Anyways i get a thick towel and pry it out and i sat it down to let it cool off and once it did i popped it back in and i took the car for a test drive and lo and behold, the horn and cruise control both work fine now...anyone have any idea why this happened and should i be concerned? :huh:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the cruise control "gremlin". The fuses kept gettin hotter than hell and i finally get the money to buy a haynes reapir manual. I look under the section that talks about fuses and it said the fuse that connects to the power supply for the steering wheel also powers the cigarrete lighter. I look in the lighter and theres a gawd derned penny in it thats causin all the problems. :angry: Is there any potentially permanent problems that might result in this lapse of comoon sense?

:homer:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts