Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the freeway today and I go to switch lanes and all of a sudden my cruise goes out. I set it again and turn on my right turn signal and again, it goes off. So again I...well, you get the picture. Anyone ever run into this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is it only doing that with the right turn signal? Just throwing this out there but I wonder if some light at the back is lighting up when it shouldn't. On some cars the brake lights are tied in w/ the cruise. Do you have a spoiler w/ a brake light?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it only doing that with the right turn signal? Just throwing this out there but I wonder if some light at the back is lighting up when it shouldn't. On some cars the brake lights are tied in w/ the cruise. Do you have a spoiler w/ a brake light?
[/b]
Yes, only the right.

Yes I do, an aftermarket one. This is the first time I have noticed it though. I did have a turn signal/brake bulb out as well. And on top of that I noticed that when I turn my right signal on, my third brake light (the spoiler) is flashing as well. So it may all be related?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either way, the brake like on the spoiler should not be flashing. Someone either wired it up wrong, or something is shorting.
[/b]
I am going to take it to the place that installed it on Tuesday and have them check it for me.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
And on top of that I noticed that when I turn my right signal on, my third brake light (the spoiler) is flashing as well. So it may all be related? [/b]
Yep - definitely related. The turn signal light is backfeeding into the BOO switch, which is shutting off your cruise control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
silvapain
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing