Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so my decklid sits crooked. i noticed wheni opened the trunk though, that the left decklid arm is kinda squared off in the bend, and the right one (passenger side) is rounded. the car has been hit in the rear, and the back end was pretty much replaced. i noticed a couple of weeks ago when i had a flat that the spare tire rim was a little rusted where i think the water is leaking in. nothing in the lining or in the trunk is wet/damp, so i figure if there's a leak its running down the sides and collecting in the spare tire well

could the different arms be causing this? here's a pic of how the trunk looks from the outside...i'll get some pics of the different arms tomorrow.

thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like i said, this car has been hit pretty hard in the rear...and it looks to me like the d***head who put it back together used two different arms. i'll snap some pics tomorrow when i can borrow a digi cam from my neighbor.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
The passenger one (the rounded one) is correct for a Gen III. The driver's side might be from a Gen II, I'll have to go look at by 93. But it would answer why the trunk isnt sitting right.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. i thought it'd be the other way around. i guess my next step is a JY to try and find the correct arm.

thanks, and let me know if that other arm is a gII.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
ok my memory failed me (at only 22 might be a problem...). It's the other way round. I'll upload the pics soon.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Since superford.org is down today( <_< ) I'll just post the link to the pics...

Pics

The white one is a Gen II, the red is a Gen III

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i appreciate it. i think if i ever run across the guy who did this to my car i'll take the time to break a couple limbs for him.

alright, i'll hit the jy. thanks again EDIII.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts