Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around and can't find anything relating to my problem.

My 94 sable with 91k miles and Essex 3.8 has a bad idle. It will start fine but it idles like crap. The rpm's will drop and then the idle returns to normal. It will clear out for a bit after the rpm's drop, but then it starts idling like crap again, and eventually stalls. I've looked all over for vacuum leaks and can't find any. I sprayed flamable carb cleaner over the fuel injectors and all gaskets on the lower intake manufold. I also cleaned and oiled the idle valve and cleaned the air flow meter. None of which made a difference. i also disconnected the battery for a while and it still did the same thing.

Anyone have any suggestions of what I should be looking for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
check the simple things first: plugs, wires, pcv valve...vacuum lines...

maybe save yourself time and trouble if its something easy.

good luck.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
humm look like a prb i did had it was the electronic ignition the thing under the cap and rotor it like a thin eraser but a bit bigger with a plug coming out

when mine was starting to act up it was this this piece of crap of a sensor arggg there are too many sensor in this car lolllllllllllllllllllllll but it was that for me that was making the car run really bad and weird and the coil too btu only as a precaution

and even now my car is running fine now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.