·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k i found this on ebay and i wanna know what you ppl think
Chip upgrade 1
Chip upgrade 2
both these things are the same
I you actually read what these things hafta say they kinda make sense but i wanna know if you ppl think its actually somethin usefull or just plain bs
:05:

·
Registered
901 Posts
be wary. most ebay chips are just made of a simple resistor which makes your fuel run to rich. It could likely be one of those sort of things. You do feel a little more horse power but it takes a toll on your engine and decreases gas millage.

·
Registered
746 Posts
it is a rip off. it is nothing more than the IAT mod, all that you will get is a resistor. if you really want to do it though it is much cheaper to go and buy a resistor at a local electronics store. there is a write up telling you how to do it, if you do a search you can find it.

dont waste your money on the ebay scam though...

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Fredness@Aug 29 2004, 01:30 PM
:eek:  Ebay feedback: proboost?? does chip=resitor? don't think so...
He has 56 negative feedbacks, mostly on the "Chip".

Check out my site: http://rogueperformance.com/IntakeAir.html
so whats youre saying is that that "chip" sucks?? cause i dont think thats the message that the site is trying to send

·
Registered
702 Posts
OK, because no one thinks these chips will work, is there a chip that will work?

·
Registered
746 Posts
these "chips" will add a small[I/] gain, but nothing huge. definitly not worth what they are charging on ebay.

if you want real gains, get an actual chip, not a resistor. they cost some money, but they can do tons of good performance stuff, including fixing the horrible shifting of the stock tranny ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by SableTuner@Aug 29 2004, 01:59 PM

so whats youre saying is that that "chip" sucks?? cause i dont think thats the message that the site is trying to send
The $.99 resistor will give you up to 5hp. Why pay $10 for his "chip" that is REALLY a resistor and let him lie about it being 20HP?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I purchased one of the supposely called "chip" for my car thinking I was buying something really good for the price I paid. I installed this **** in my Mercury Sable 1997 and all it did was fucking up my car and it burned the Spark Plug Coil Pack electrical thing. I just ended up paying a big buck in fixing it. Don't buy this piece of sh** and you won't get ripped off like I did.

Frank.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
It's pretty common knowledge that this thing is nothing but garbage. It will make your car run rich, which will burn stuff up faster, and will foul your plugs and O2 sensors. If you want something that will give you performance without sacrificing your engine, buy the Americanmotorsport.com chip. Alberto's chip has been getting great reviews from everyone who's bought it. I think it's about $300, but it's well worth it. If you get a better chip, you can also have other programs burned into it, so that you can upgrade in the future (ie, new throttle body, new maf, new cams, etc.)

JR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts