Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

Was having a conversation with the wife's uncle today, and he said "Guess what happened to my Taurus?"

I bite, and say "I dunno, tranny?"

He said "Nope, Crank snapped!"

I said "WTF?!?!?!"

Ok, so has anybody else heard of this? It's a 2001 SE Sport (nice car, just like n2_space's, just dirtier :D ) with the Vulcan and roughly 70,000 miles (108,000 kms to be exact).

Car was running rough one morning, he pulls out on the road, and she stops. Has CAA pick it up, take it to his garage, and the mechanic looks at it in the afternoon. He says that the crank snapped.

The mechanic said something else... "All 2001 3.0 Taurus' had small 'cracks' in the crank. I call :bs: on that one. I searched here, and in the archives, and no mention of it.

Is this BS? Has anybody else heard of it? And if so, what has been done?

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Had the snout snap on the crank on Vanessa's first engine. Fun times. <_<
Where did the break happen? Snout, rear, or in the middle somewhere?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Racer X@Oct 24 2004, 12:39 AM
Where did the break happen? Snout, rear, or in the middle somewhere?
From what I understand, middle, but I could be wrong. If I find out, I'll post it...

Ryan

S

·
0 Posts
Hmm... it's odd, actually rare for this to happen. But is possible. I mean, what conditions was the vehicle's motor put through before the mishap? Background on the motor/vehicle/maint.

Sal

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SableSal@Oct 24 2004, 01:22 AM
what conditions was the vehicle's motor put through before the mishap? Background on the motor/vehicle/maint.

Well, to say that he looks after a car would be a wicked overstatement, but in this case, he has been looking after it. He actually really likes this car, so it's been close-to-regular oil changes (4000 miles), and anytime something goes wrong, it's right to the garage to get fixed right away.

Now, to show the longevity of a Vulcan, he also put 400,000 toturous kms on a '93 Sable GS with a Vulcan... Until one day it didn't quite like being rammed from reverse to drive, and the tranny puked out on the roadway... :D Oh, and he's a bachelor, and the back doors were used so little that the latches and hinges rusted shut. He's definately not easy on a car...

This car though, he actually looked after. Not to the same extent as some of us, but the 'normal' type of looking after. :lol2:

Ryan

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by reldridge@Oct 24 2004, 03:11 AM
Oh, and he's a bachelor, and the back doors were used so little that the latches and hinges rusted shut. He's definately not easy on a car...
A bachelor? What's that got to do with anything? I'm a bachelor, and my back doors get used all the... :unsure:

...ummm, yeah, uh he should oil those more often so that doesn't happen.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Racer X@Oct 24 2004, 02:20 AM
A bachelor?  What's that got to do with anything?
Ok, but I didn't say "swingin' bachelor" either, did I? :p

He's not exactly, um, a ladies man... :) His idea for back seat use is to carry the things he bought at an auction or yard sale.

Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts