Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I've been having 1 problem after another with my Taurus. 2001 LX

I was trying to determine where the squealing was coming from and thought it was coming from my A/C bearing/clutch pulley but noticed a wobble in the crankshaft pulley. I doubt that this is normal. Could this be causing the squealing? Has anyone changed this pulley before and how hard was it?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just pulled out my maintenance manual. doesn't seem to bad to replace. Also, I looked at rock auto and autozone, I don't see the pulley listed. Any ideas where to get one other than Ford?

I see that Ford calls it a compressor pulley. Two versions.
Compressor Pulley
No bracket on this pulley-Repls Prior model 6312 that incl. bracket.
I dont think this one is mine without looking at the pulley on the car again.

And just
Compressor Pulley
Boy is there a price difference between the two though. The first one is around $85 and the other is around $25

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wow :eek: never seen that before. FYI, if you are looking for Motorcraft parts on the cheap, check out RockAuto Auto Parts TCCA gets a 5% discount.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow :eek: never seen that before. FYI, if you are looking for Motorcraft parts on the cheap, check out RockAuto Auto Parts TCCA gets a 5% discount.
I am only speculating what caused this as it's the only thing that I can think of. 2 years ago the a/c locked up and the belt burned off. we stuck a short belt and bypassed the a/c. It was tight to get on so I am thinking it pulled to hard on the pulley. Also, the one bolt wasn't all that tight when I went to rotate the pulley to loosen them. This could have been the one that let it bend (I hope).

Thanks for the discount tip. I wasn't able to find this pulley from any of my regular auto parts place (I love rock auto). Seems like I have to go to the dealer. Just want to get it on the road cause I gotta take the F150 off the road...LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts