Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the driveplate access cover located? I'm trying to take my crankshaft pulley off. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That's the plastic shield that allows you to see the torque converter. Just 2 plastic screws hold it in. Goes between engine and trans near edge of oil pan.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay....Found it. Another question. Still trying to get the pulley off and it wont budge. Ive stuck an allen wrench in the gears around the torque converter to stop it from moving and it doesnt move but when i turn the pulley with a wrench, it moves the crankshaft. How can i make it so it doesnt move at all?

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Okay....Found it. Another question. Still trying to get the pulley off and it wont budge. Ive stuck an allen wrench in the gears around the torque converter to stop it from moving and it doesnt move but when i turn the pulley with a wrench, it moves the crankshaft. How can i make it so it doesnt move at all?
If it is DOHC then it left handed thread.

-chart-

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
There's some locking device you can buy from Ford that you bolt in place of the shield. This apparently will lock the engine in place so you can reverse thread out the crankshaft pulley.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it is DOHC then it left handed thread.

-chart-
I'm well aware that is left hand threaded. I've done one before but this one just will not come off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts