Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a look at SHOfast and only the home page of their website is working. When I was looking at it. It has a little TV and on the screen, it mentions they have cowl hoods for a genIII. I'm sure the hoods for the SHO are the same for the non-SHO. Has anybody seen one of these yet?? Or does anybody have any info on it?? I think I might been interested in one.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
That design for the cowl doesn't fit in with the round, organic curves of the gen3 IMO. You may be able to get away with it on a gen 2 or 1. That looks like the cowl design for the fox-bodied mustang IIRC.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I actually contacted shofast by e-mail. I saw that on their website like everyone else and it caught my interest. Brad Hague, the president of shofast e-mailed me back with pricing info. It's $800+$300 s&h. A little high priced but worth it in my opinion. I'm probably going to get one soon!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't like that cowl. It just does not fit. I think that a good cowl hood for the gen3 would be to use the existing hood, and just raise up the center of the hood a few inches. The cowl shape is already there, it just needs to be more pronounced.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Just goes to show you how things work out when everyone has a different "better" idea, and no one wants to front any money. I remember about 4 or 5 potential designs being tossed around, and I think only about 20% of the people who were interested in cowl hoods actually liked that design. I guess Brad just figured that those 20% were the people who were ACTUALLY willing to cough up the cash when all was said and done. Personally, I'd rather have no hood at all than to be seen with that thing on my car.

mikehawk... how serious are you about that?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
IMHO it's rice. you don't NEED the cowl, so it's all for show. But hey, Everyone has their own personal preference. If you like it, BUY IT! As long as it's done right (no chrome stickers or anything), I'll never insult someone for modding their taurus.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts