Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 98 Ford Taurus. The courtesy lights stays on when the front passenger door is opened, especially if there is moisture in the air (rain) or if the car has been washed. The front passenger door is the key because the courtesy lights works fine when the other three doors are opened. I've been told it could be the door ajar switch for the front passenger door. Where is this switch located? Thanks for your help.

G

·
Yes, it is most likely the sensor that tells when the door is shut. It is probably in the lower left hand corner of the door opening, it's just like a little peg that sticks up you can push in. It should be prettty easy to find. Most people recommend just shooting some WD40 in it and see if that helps... :)

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
The other way to tell which door it is, is to turn the car on, put into gear and when the doors auto lock, the bad one with auto unlock itself. When I first got the car this happened. Was annoying as hell, the light stayed on, the stupid lil red car with its doors open idiot light was on and a bell telling me a door was open....

(Took it back to the dealer, rip the door apart replaced something and was on my way in 15 min. I have no idea what they did since it was still under there warrenty)

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The switch is in the door latch. Spray a lot of WD40 into the latch and ope , close the door a dozen times. Should fix the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts