Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm having trouble with my courtesy lights when it is wet outside. i think the switch that activates the lights in my passenger door is the culprit. they stay on only when it is wet outside. also, when it is wet out and i hit the lock button on the remote so the horn beeps, it beeps 2 times and not once. the lights are more important because it is hard to see driving at night with interior lights on.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It beeps twice because the computer thinks one of the doors is open. This is related to the light staying on. Spray the door latch with WD-40 and lithium grease.

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Apr 6 2009, 12:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715585
It beeps twice because the computer thinks one of the doors is open. This is related to the light staying on. Spray the door latch with WD-40 and lithium grease.[/b]

I have the smae issue... and was about to make a post about it... my inside "on the interior roof" light stays on most of the time... so I unplugged the bulb...

However this did not fix the issue fo the "door ajar" light staying on... it only does it when its high humidity.... What is exaclty the door latch? what part of my door is the relay for htis? its the drivers door... it has a black thin piece of plastic that goes in and out.. is that my latch...

here are images of my door parts, there seems to be no latch?

what one please?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Take WD-40 and spay it into the latch which would be the second picture. Open and close the door like a madman a dozen or so times, then follow up with some creeping lithium spray.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Another guide/stop, Keeps the door from moving(ever notice how the door seems to have points that it will "Jump" to when you open it?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts