Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 96 Taurus GL Sedan. I am not sure if there is a courtesy door light on the doors. I see that there is an oval shape on the lower part of the door that looks like a reflector, which I think would be it. Is that supposed to work on a 96 Taurus GL? If so, what can I do to make it work?

·
Registered
81 Posts
If the ones you are mentioning are on the bottom left corner of the door panel then yes, they are actually lights. Lenses kinda pop off but if you aren't careful you could break the clips that hold it in! I've done that, now my lenses sits on the floor between the seat and door waiting for me to fix it. If the bulbs aren't bad then the fuse box would be the next place to look. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the ones you are mentioning are on the bottom left corner of the door panel then yes, they are actually lights. Lenses kinda pop off but if you aren't careful you could break the clips that hold it in! I've done that, now my lenses sits on the floor between the seat and door waiting for me to fix it. If the bulbs aren't bad then the fuse box would be the next place to look. :D
I tried replacing the bulbs but it did not work for both front doors and the dome light. Which fuse should i check? I went to autozone to get the bulbs and asked why it still would not come on. The guy said that the door jamb switch might be bad. However, when the engine is on, the door ajar symbol on the dashboard lights up if any of the doors are open. so could it still be the door jamb switch? What else can I do to try to get these courtesy lights working?

·
Registered
81 Posts
It would be in the fuse box located under that dash on the driver side. the outside of the box should have a diagram of the fuses/relays... Mine has one that says, "Interior Lamp Relay". Im guessin that's the one you'd want to peek at...

·
Registered
619 Posts
As for the other question, door jamb and door ajar are separate switches. Push the roller dimmer for the dash up till it clicks and see if the lights come on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found the problem. I checked the fusebox under the dash and turns out that the previous owner of the cart took out the interior lamps relay. replaced it and it worked fine. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts