Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Originally posted by mikehawk@Mar 11 2004, 01:38 PM
Yeah, that's way out of the price range I was thinking of for headlights. I'll just keep driving by feel at night. Those are some nice headlights though.
like i was saying earlier.. you can get hid projectors for as low as 50 dollars.. you dont have to get the ones i got .. that would save some cash right there... and i am sure the labor would be cheaper depending on what projector you went with ... the s2000 happens to be a very large projector and one of the hardest to retrofit due to lack of mounting points and sheer size.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Looks pretty nice.

I always wanted projector HID's in myT aurus, but the cash outlay seemed too much. Now that I have OE HID's (non-projector tho <_< ) I will never buy another car without them.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Originally posted by Firespirit@Mar 11 2004, 06:03 PM
Its nice lookin. but why paint the taillights when you could just replace them?
why spend 100+ on a set of 98/99 taillights when i can have the same thing for 4 dollars ?

if you were to see my car you would not be able to tell that they werent OEM

4 dollars Vs 100+ dollars.... does that answer your question ?

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I love the HIDs on your car and almost anycar out there. I was very sad to find this last night though. Personally, I think that much of the testing they do is very opinionated, due to the lack of American cars in their awards. The car that had the furthest low beam(600 ft.) was your plain old typical halogen light from the Mazda Protege5. Also note that the Audi TT, HID only hit 200 feet. They are trying to pass a few new laws that are hopefully going to be for the best on both sided of the end.Consumer Reports-HID

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Originally posted by Firespirit@Mar 11 2004, 07:34 PM
Okay, you've got a point. How did you paint 'em anyway? And make them look stock??
go to walmart - get a can of TESTORS candy transparent apple red and a can of clear coat

mask off the lights so the black part of the tail is covered.... then you do 3-4 light coats of the wholel ight .. both red and orange... then u do 4 coats clear.. after it dries .. and BAM!
98 /99 tails

·
Registered
70 Posts
why spend 100+ on a set of 98/99 taillights when i can have the same thing for 4 dollars ?

4 dollars Vs 100+ dollars.... does that answer your question ?[/b]
Saying that after you spent 1K on headlights is funny

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
your headlights are staring at me... *runs away* awesome car. great work.

G

·
Awesome lights, awesome tails. If you wouldn't mind, could we use the information on the tails for a modifications article?

I can tell you right now, If I had the $1k, I'd definitely be doing those lights.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Mar 12 2004, 09:26 AM
Awesome lights, awesome tails. If you wouldn't mind, could we use the information on the tails for a modifications article?

I can tell you right now, If I had the $1k, I'd definitely be doing those lights.
sure i will write up a better how to if u want
... i did the same thing with my friends civic tails and they came out awesome ...

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Originally posted by karimm33@Mar 11 2004, 11:19 PM

4 dollars Vs 100+ dollars.... does that answer your question ?
Saying that after you spent 1K on headlights is funny
[/b][/quote]
haha yeah it does ... but the headlights to me were a nessecity as the tails were more just for looks ... and if i could have made the headlights for 4 bucks i would have

21 - 33 of 33 Posts