Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes.. Ive replaced all 6 plugs... and replaced that ignition coil and boot on number 2 cylinder.

Before i do the injectors im going to swap the new coil and boot and plug to another cylinder just to besure the new plug or coil is also bad..

I only get to work on it friday through sunday... So im just trying to get all the info i can get through the week so i can pretty much be ready for the weekend.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Last call :D lol....

I got a feeling its not an injector...But i dont know.. Ill know this weekend i guess.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Project is on hold... Found some small issues..

Had one rubber vac line that comes directly out the bottom of the intake that was pretty well shot..... Got a new piece of hose for it.

Replaces all inector orings..

Intake and egr valve gaskets.

Swapped new coil to diff cylinder to be sure the new coil is not bad.

I have not got it back together been raining passed couple days.. That and i dont have much time to mess with it through the week ..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Going to check fuel pressure also..... Can someone tell the specs i need to be in.... Ive read online... And i dont know what to beleive.... I have the duratec

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
at idle the Duratec KOER (Key on Engine Running) it will vary from 26-45 psi KOEO (Key on engine off) will be 37-43 psi and it should hold that number, if there is bleed-off then you may have an injector problem.

Troy.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts