Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if it's a dumb question, I just really like the aesthetic of them and would just like to know! Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
With a stroke of luck , I was thinking about this post yesterday,when I was at a local Walmart ,& was parked next to a Taurus that had to be a 2009-2011 or so , it had the earlier tail lights than my 2015. The lights on that one, were quite a bit smaller than mine. On the newer Taurus, the tail lights seem to go more into the trunk lid, a lot more. So , from what I saw, no they are not interchangeable. Unless you are willing to pay for the trunk of the newer model?

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,998 Posts
Not easily. The 2010-2012 used bulbs and the lights on the decklid side are just reflector housings. 2013+ switched to LEDs and the lights now cross over into the decklid.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not easily. The 2010-2012 used bulbs and the lights on the decklid side are just reflector housings. 2013+ switched to LEDs and the lights now cross over into the decklid.
It looks like the trunk cut out for the latter models are bigger for the tail lights? Or was I just visually fooled? Would a trunk deck lid from a newer model be needed for the conversion?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I believe the sheet metal changed all over in 2013 meaning your need new rear quarters in order to mount the lights correctly as well. Trunk's may also not be interchangeable as well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quarter panel wise, it's looking like it's the same paneling on both model eras. However, you potentially need to swap trunks if the lights are different length. I've never parked next to 2010-2012 come to think of it, so I'm not sure if there are truly any overall size differences.

The only problem I'm seeing are the edges. The 2010-2012 tail lights have generous curves, where as the newer style are slightly more straightcut in it's design. It's all possible, but might result in swapping quarter panels and trunks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts