Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have to exceed 32 deg F. With home AC, I can measure superheat and can avoid overcharging. But how do I measure superheat on a car? Hot air is blowing and the freon line is not easily accessible. Any tricks you use?

I read a post about going by the vent temperature. When vent temperature levels off, stop adding R134a. Any comments?

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Really can't go by vent temps. . High and low side pressures are the only way to know what's going on. If just adding a little gas to top off usually low side is running around 30 psi.. 30 psi on the low side is what my Alldatadiy subscription says.
Proper way is to evacuate the system with a vacuum pump and measure by weight how much 134 you put into system.
Mfgr. shop manuals may show temp / pressure charts , only correct source I know of for specific vehicles. Some of these factor in evap. temps vs condenser temps on a sliding chart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
paker
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing