Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Nick986 played Midtown Madness: Chicago Edition tonight. We we playing Cops and Robbers on an add-on track with none other than the Taurus SHO ond Police package! If you haven't played this before, you're basically either a cop or a robber and you try to get the gold and take it to the hideout (if you're the robber) or the bank (if you're the cop).

Also, don't point out that the lights seem wrong because they're part of the flashing sequence of the police car so they vary in the pics.

Here's some of the pics I took.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That was a good game, and that SHO is great!
I thought "OH CRAP" when I came around this corner:

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
where did you get your cars from?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by RocketFast321@Feb 21 2004, 01:16 AM
where did you get your cars from?
Qwerty made em him self iirc. I loved using all of those bulls, damn i shouldn't have given up my pc, it doesn't work on this one now tho.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Those really are awesome models. Great work again Qwertz. I'd like to try this game out someday, how are the physics in it compared to Gran Turismo 3?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
41 Posts
Nice, Qwertz. With that SHO, in MM I can drive my own car!

·
Registered
63 Posts
God, I haven't touched that game in years! Where do people go now for cars, Qwertz? Rememver the old MFC days? Oh, how I loved my childhood...

·
Banned
41 Posts
You haven't played it in years? Whoa. I play it everyday and i have all of qwertz's cars.

·
Registered
933 Posts
awesome having those cars in midtown madness! but one comment, isn't the power alittle off? I did a multiplayer and drag raced the SHO vs the WV bug on a long strait in chicago...was very upset when the bug smoked the SHO...how did that happen? he should add a SC version!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Admitedly, when I was driving the SHO does seem like it should be faster, but with games its harder to configure stuff like that. The tach in the pic i have above doesnt go above 5500. You can still do burnouts at least on my pc. I just hold down the handbrake give it some gas and off u go with a little smoke behind ya. Bummer about the bug.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
Qwertz very nice job with the cars

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by TaurusGuy@Feb 21 2004, 11:44 PM
God, I haven't touched that game in years!  Where do people go now for cars, Qwertz?  Rememver the old MFC days?  Oh, how I loved my childhood...
There really isn't any fansite, but the Box message board is still up and that's bacially where ya go for your MM1 needs.

awesome having those cars in midtown madness! but one comment, isn't the power alittle off? I did a multiplayer and drag raced the SHO vs the WV bug on a long strait in chicago...was very upset when the bug smoked the SHO...how did that happen? he should add a SC version![/b]
The default cars in the game were tuned way too optimistically. Time them with a stop watch. Plus the game shows the VW bug by default if you don't have a certain car, so the other player could have been using a faster add-on car that you didn't have installed. Not to mention that there's a tweaked VW available for download.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts