Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i have a huge problem i think, i bought my 94 taurus lx about a month ago, and right off the bat it needed new head gaskets, so i had that fixed, but now 3 weeks after getting that fixed my car is leaking coolant really bad, and when i stop the car steam pours out from under the hood, i've tried locating the lead and i can't find it, i thought it might be the water pump but it's almost too big of a leak for that, and there's no knocking noise that usually accompanies a broken water pump. if anyone can help me out at all that'd be great, thank you very much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
see if you can get your hands on a cooling system pressure tester. If it's a big enough leak you should be able to pinpoint the leak. Check all your hoses, heater core, etc. I had a leak in my radiator once and I put a bottle of BARS radiator stop leak and I haven't had any problems for about 2 years.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Where is the coolant pooling? Does it evaporate and leave no puddles? See if you can locate any fresh driplines on the engine, try to trace them up to the source.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, do you know where i can get a cooling system pressure tester? and it's pooling towards the front right side...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts