Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got the engine oil change done, and the next morning I noticed some fluid in parking lot. I thought some residual oil, and neglected it. Noticed it for few days, and took car back to the shop, and they cleared all the residual engine oil. This appeared only after the oil change, before that there was no leak.

But next morning again noticed few drops in parking, its yellow thin fluid, like the coolant. Coolant level is little low in the tank. I noticed that upto 2 hours after parking the car, there is no droplets on the ground, they appear only after few more hours.

I got the OEM coolant tank installed about 3 months ago, so tank shouldn't be leaking again.
Here follows the pic.. it seems to be dropping over the Exhaust pipe.. kindly advice.[attachmentid=28014]

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
your best bet would be to jack up the car and inspect all the hose connections... the OEM hose clamps are those 'squeeze' type clamps...and they loose resistance quickly... I just had a coolant leak on the passenger side..turned out to be the clamp holding the hose on the bottom of the radiator got weak.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your best bet would be to jack up the car and inspect all the hose connections... the OEM hose clamps are those 'squeeze' type clamps...and they loose resistance quickly... I just had a coolant leak on the passenger side..turned out to be the clamp holding the hose on the bottom of the radiator got weak.
[/b]

Guys here is the exact location of leak, The coolant is dripping on the exhaust pipe, Exactly over the joint of the Exhaust pipe. As seen in the pic below :

Kindly advice, whats exactly is above the Exaust pipe joint, which could be leaking. I guess no hose there.

When I run the car, coolant burns off, with the heat of exhaust pipe, and the pipe goes totally dry. It appears again after few hours of parking. And when the weather is very cold, the leak is very less, and when weather gets hotter, leak increases.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Since none of us can, why don't you raise it up and take a look yourself when it is leaking?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just had a simular case after my recent oil change at the dealer.

Mine was a "coolant spider hose".

For your financial sake, I hope this is not it for you because it cost be $486 (3 hours labor plus $110 part).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts