Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got my head gasket issue all cleared up and soon after we see just a few drips of coolant. Few days later, no drips. Didn't worry about it.

Today my buddy and I are bored at work and decide to poke around my car. Pop the hood and notice it's a tad warm, even though I haven't driven it for an hour and a half, not to mention it is about freezing out. So we take a look at the coolant, and there is a very small puddle of it left. It hadn't been running warm lately, so we think it has been a slow drain. So we filled it with coolant and I'm going to see how long it last and if it drips at all. They checked all my hoses, etc. after the gasket issue, could it be the front cover gasket like the previous person's? Pump/clamp? Hose?

Whatever you think it may be, how much you think it'll run me? I'll get it checked out ASAP, but want to know what I'm getting into.

I really appreciate all the help I get on here.

Figures I just get notification that my discoballs and clearcorners have shipped...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a slow leak in my coolant system somewhere for quite a while. Just kept refilling until I had enough time to track it down. turned out it was an overtightened hose clamp, and it had put a hole in the hose. I replaced the hose and the clamp and the problem is solved.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good, so basically it could be anything from a minor cheap issue, to my pump gone bad right?

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
My past few slow coolant leaks were due to two cracked radiators and some dry rotted hoses. Haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The quickest and easiest way to find the leak is have it pressure tested. Once they pump that up the leak usually becomes evident.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The quickest and easiest way to find the leak is have it pressure tested. Once they pump that up the leak usually becomes evident.
[/b]
That's the plan, just wanted to make sure I knew if I'd be getting into some $100's repairs or something.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Understandable.....but unfortunately that is hard to answer without finding the source first.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's cool, thanks. Getting it pressure tested probably next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts