Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was leaking coolant for a while and making noises. I finally was able to replace the water pump. I am thinking all is well, no more noises, etc. Then I take my care for a drive, come back home, let it sit for 45 min, then I see a puddle of coolant.

My brother jacks up my car to see were the leak is coming from. We see the leak, then I find the exact location, it is coming from a black hose, in particular the part that is T shaped, then I notice a even bigger leak from further down the hose, towards my dash.

My mechanic, tells me I can only get the hose from the dealer and it is about 70 bucks. He says that because, of the new water pump, the hoses cant take the pressure. (or something to that effect) I wanted to find the name of the hose, so I can order it offline. I wont be able to drive it to a dealership.

Can anyone help?

I will try to post pics in the morning.

This is the best I can explain it.
:(

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
Try rockauto or fastpartsnetwork for prices much lower than the dealer.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Pics will help. As I understand it, there is only 1 hose that is a 'dealer only part'. that is a metal coolant hose that is on the passenger side (? maybe someone that has dealt with that can correct/verify that statement).

It's a hose that tends to rust out in the salt states. Every other hose (Upper Rad, Lower Rad, to/from the heater core and all the little return hoses) I believe can be ordered from somewhere else.

Grab a few pics (up close and overall in the engine bay).

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (ricer333 @ May 27 2010, 09:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807188
Pics will help. As I understand it, there is only 1 hose that is a 'dealer only part'. that is a metal coolant hose that is on the passenger side (? maybe someone that has dealt with that can correct/verify that statement).

It's a hose that tends to rust out in the salt states. Every other hose (Upper Rad, Lower Rad, to/from the heater core and all the little return hoses) I believe can be ordered from somewhere else.

Grab a few pics (up close and overall in the engine bay).

Thanks![/b]

I know the metal hose you are talking about. That isnt it. Thank god. lol

·
Registered
955 Posts
Good for you! Those T-Junctions are for the Heater Core Bypass hose.

Do yourself a favor, now that you have replaced the waterpump, do the Clinton Flush on the heater core. Also, when you get that part in, remove the spring clamps and replace with screw hose clamps. Trust me, in the future when you go to take one or more of those hoses off, you will thank yourself for having screw hose clamps on versus those stupid bastards!

Btw, what is the part number/name that you found that as? And what site did you find that on?

Thanks, just thinking for future readers of the thread!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (ricer333 @ May 27 2010, 02:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807233
Good for you! Those T-Junctions are for the Heater Core Bypass hose.

Do yourself a favor, now that you have replaced the waterpump, do the Clinton Flush on the heater core. Also, when you get that part in, remove the spring clamps and replace with screw hose clamps. Trust me, in the future when you go to take one or more of those hoses off, you will thank yourself for having screw hose clamps on versus those stupid bastards!

Btw, what is the part number/name that you found that as? And what site did you find that on?

Thanks, just thinking for future readers of the thread![/b]

You are welcome. This site helps me out so much. Everyone is so nice.

I first went to Auto Zone, but it was discontinued. Then I went to NAPA, they had the part, but I had to order it. They will have it in the morning. It cost me $72. I thought it would be more, then that. My mechanic will more then likely put it on tomorrow. I wish I could put it on myself, but...

NAPA- Heater Hose Assy

·
Registered
955 Posts
Just a few more details for those that come across this part.

At NAPA, the part is described as 'Heater Hose Assembly'. Part Number: BK 8155113

RockAuto.com has the Dorman Part. Part Number: 626207, Price: $46 (plus S&H)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (ACTINGDRAMA @ May 27 2010, 04:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807167
My car was leaking coolant for a while and making noises. I finally was able to replace the water pump. I am thinking all is well, no more noises, etc. Then I take my care for a drive, come back home, let it sit for 45 min, then I see a puddle of coolant.

My brother jacks up my car to see were the leak is coming from. We see the leak, then I find the exact location, it is coming from a black hose, in particular the part that is T shaped, then I notice a even bigger leak from further down the hose, towards my dash.

My mechanic, tells me I can only get the hose from the dealer and it is about 70 bucks. He says that because, of the new water pump, the hoses cant take the pressure. (or something to that effect) I wanted to find the name of the hose, so I can order it offline. I wont be able to drive it to a dealership.

Can anyone help?

I will try to post pics in the morning.

This is the best I can explain it.
:([/b]

You can just fix it. I did it on my Gen3's

The molded fitting on the passenger side has to be broken off and hoses twisted out.
Then the remnants of the center taken out of the hoses. You can then get a plastic "T" fitting
at a auto parts store and graft it in.

The other end you might have to grind off the crimp clamps to do the "T" fitting.

That will cost a fraction of replacing the hoses.

bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts