Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished doing a head job on my 96 vulcan! Everything went smooth except for this hose.

Its the one that connects the top of the resivor tank, to a metal pipe that goes under the intake manifold, back into a rubber hose then into the intake just before the t-stat.

On the front part the rubber hose is connected to the pipe with a hose clamp. On the back side it is clamped on with a metal pressed/clamped. on this end, the hose is leaking, can this clamp be removed to replace the rubber hose and add a generic hose clamp?

I haven't had much time to play with it since I have got it running again and to be honest, the car hasn't really moved much since I have finished it.

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Yeah, slice it vertically with a dremel or close-quarters hacksaw and peel it off, then replace it with hose and clamp.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I know what I am doing this evening! I miss driving my Taurus, I have been stuck in a little corrola for the past 2 weeks, even though it has been the best car ever, it is so small...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Care was taken-
cut off wheel on drill, then hammer and flat blade screw driver to finish spliting the case in two!

slipped new rubber over the erections and clamped them down, NO LEAKS NOW!

On another note, the car runs great! $500 spent at machine shop on the heads was well worth it, not to mention the small fortune invested in everything else spent on replacement parts such as ALL gaskets and seals, timing chain, iridium autolites, motorcraft wires....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts