Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am doing a partial coolant change on a 94 GL with the 3.8L engine. I drained the radiator from the petcock at the bottom. I disconnected the hose from the resevoir to the radiator and flushed the resevoir. I reconnected the hose to the neck on the radiator. I am trying to flush the radiator by filling up the resevoir, but it does not drain quickly into the radiator. When the petcock was closed, it would not fill the radiator at all. When it is open, It will fill extremely slowly, and in a half hour, only drained about half of the resevoir.

I feel stupid asking this, but how do I refill the coolant? I have never had this problem with any other cars.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind. I figured it out. The radiator cap does come off. It said "Do Not Remove" I am used to them saying "Do Not Remove When hot". The warning and it being stuck make me believe that it wasn't supposed to be removed. It took a lot of force to get it off. An old lady owned the car, and I am not sure if it had ever been taken off.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
In that case you amy want to replace the cap; sounds like the sealing rubber has dryrotted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts