Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think that an old school 3.0 emblem like the 3.8 one would be pretty cool on the fenders. Keep us posted. I know I am interested

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I think so.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I want a new OEM Sable Emblem for my car. Its getting all icky and the paint is chipping off- that gives me an idea... lol. I painted my windshield wiper arms last night because they were chipping, too. What kind of glue/cement should I use to re stick my Sable badge to my car after I rip it off to repaint it? lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedyGreeny@Sep 27 2004, 08:53 PM
I want a new OEM Sable Emblem for my car. Its getting all icky and the paint is chipping off- that gives me an idea... lol. I painted my windshield wiper arms last night because they were chipping, too. What kind of glue/cement should I use to re stick my Sable badge to my car after I rip it off to repaint it? lol
Go to a parts store and get 2 sided emblem tape. Once that stuff sticks, it's super strong. That's what most of the body shops use...

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would go to the dealer and buy a new one. Tape would look kind of bad for the GEN3 emblem since they don't really have a back to them. They can't be that expensive at the dealership but who knows really.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys,

I heard fromt he emblem place and they said they would like 50 orders of these before they can make these avaiable to us. So most people would buy 2 of these to put on their fenders, so that means we only need 25 of us to sign up and buy.

They haven't given me prices yet, but their typical price for these is around $8.99 or so. It could be a real cheap way to make your ride stand out.

These emblems will look exactly like the 3.8 emblem shown above, except they would say 3.0

Come on guys, this would be cool! :banana: :chili:

Y

·
0 Posts
Those V6 HO badges looks like the ones on pontiac grand am GT's or at least to me,

·
Registered
157 Posts
Try AutoBadges. I came across this site a while ago when I was looking for stuff for my pony. They've got some cool emblems, and they do custom ones, but not sure how much custom ones run or if you have to order so many.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Sep 28 2004, 07:44 AM
Guys,

I heard fromt he emblem place and they said they would like 50 orders of these before they can make these avaiable to us. So most people would buy 2 of these to put on their fenders, so that means we only need 25 of us to sign up and buy.

They haven't given me prices yet, but their typical price for these is around $8.99 or so. It could be a real cheap way to make your ride stand out.

These emblems will look exactly like the 3.8 emblem shown above, except they would say 3.0

Come on guys, this would be cool! :banana: :chili:
What do we have to do to express our interest? :)

Y

·
0 Posts
i dont think they ever made a malibu GT, or at least that i know of during the new model line up

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Im adding an SVT Emblem on mine. Since Im adding the Chip, I have a CAI, DUAL Flowmasters, and it has a sportier suspension... I think its in the SVT area. Im adding mine on the rear.

Also, I believe mine will be called something else other then a SHO-ABLE.... SVT Sable anyone??

Sal

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I gave the guy the link to this thread. He is going to work on getting me a sample but if enough of us are really interested, I think I can get him to make them up. He said he had these before but they didn't sell well.

We only need 25 people, I have posted on other boards as well to try to get some more orders in. The price has been confirmed as $8.99 each + shipping, which is really cheap.

I am ordering a set so I guess that means we need 24 more

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Im gettin 2 3.8s and a front sho body piece. Gonna be interesting.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tell them you are from TCCA, that might help.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts