Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to make some more money this summer and want to make my car more appealing for me to drive. I'm looking for any fairly simple modifications that people have done to their 3rd Gens that I might be able to do myself. I am about to change out the lights behind the dash and replace them with blue LED's as well as two white LED strips to the front on the bottom of the Oval opening in the bumper to hopefully get the effect of fog lights. I'm also replacing the headlights with Sylvania Ultras in the next couple of days. Anything else that you can think of? I want to get my windows tinted, just waiting for the money to come in and take it to a shop that has reasonable prices

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
SHO (in leather or cloth- pick your poison) seating will make it infinitely more comfortable to drive.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What other parts from a Sho could I grab from a parts yard? I was thinking a spoiler could be a nice add on. Just the factory ones not like the 3 foot tall ones you see on neon's with the mufflers falling off

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found at one of the local Junkyards, he said he had a set of 4 Thunderbird twin spoke rims I could have for 125. I couldn't find any pictures online of what those would look like though

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
In this order:
2004 -2007 radiator overflow. Flesh coolant.
Cam sensor.
Tranny fluid change Type V.
Fuel filter.
Plugs and wires.
Seafoam.
16" wheels/ tires.
SHO front brakes.
Rear disc.
MACH stereo, upgrade speakers & CD changer.
Power antennia.
Autolamps.
Autodim mirror.
Window tint.
Dual exaulst.
SHO body parts.
What did I miss? :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is seafoam? And where would be the best place to look for some rims from a SHO? I thought about calling a junkyard and asking but I doubt they will have a set let alone, sell them for reasonable cost

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
In your opinion, which would look better?
New Set of 4 Chrome 15" Inch Hub Cap Rim Wheel Covers | eBay

New Set of 15" Inch Wire Spoke Hub Cap Rim Wheel Covers | eBay

New 15" Hubcaps Rim Wheel Covers Hub Cap Set Free Ship! | eBay

All of these are four rims and seem fairly cheap. Will I be able to just pretty much pry the old ones off and put these on? I currently have just the stock plastic ones
i like the last set. and yu should be able to just swap them out as long as you have a steel wheel.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking the last set as well. On a side note, I was thinking, since I have to replace my front bumper and drivers mirror and both will probably come black, how do you think a gold/sand colored Taurus would look with black mirrors, bumper and the side strips as well?
I thought it might look dumb with the whole black bumper since it sits up halfway to the headlights but I'm curious as to what people think about the mirrors and side strip or if I should just pay to have the new bumper painted gold to match.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you link of pic of your car I can photoshop it for you to give you an idea of what it'd look like.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
photo shop it or if you want you can get a can of plasti dip and spray it and see how it looks. it washes off or peels off if you are bored, a can should run around 6 dollars

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
In your opinion, which would look better?
New Set of 4 Chrome 15" Inch Hub Cap Rim Wheel Covers | eBay

New Set of 15" Inch Wire Spoke Hub Cap Rim Wheel Covers | eBay

New 15" Hubcaps Rim Wheel Covers Hub Cap Set Free Ship! | eBay

All of these are four rims and seem fairly cheap. Will I be able to just pretty much pry the old ones off and put these on? I currently have just the stock plastic ones

None of these.

You could buy the set of 15" Gen 2 aluminum wheels I have :lol2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are some pictures including what I'm dealing with with the Driver's Mirror. You can see the chunk of my bumper missing hence why that needs to be replaced

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
That car should fix up nice!!! Reminds me of my car when I started. I do have these hubcaps I've been trying to sell, if you like them:

I also modified my old bumper a bit too... I thought it turned out pretty cool, you might be able to do something similar?

There's also a good chance you'll be able to find a mirror and bumper, already painted your color at a local junkyard... If you're up for the drive, bumpers are ~$30 and mirrors are ~$10 at Parts Galore in Detroit.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I modified it a little differently. Here is what I did. Only cost about $20 for parts and installation

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts