Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way I can change over the stock spoiler third brake light to have it in the window so I don't have to cut up my new, aftermarket spoiler? I feel like there may be drilling involved...not to mention rerouting the wiring harness.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
You'll need a new parcel shelf, I believe you'll have to splice into the harness as well.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Junk yard, lol. You should be able to grab all the parts there.

If your rear seat folds down, it's easy peasy. Fold down the two halves, remove four bolts (one in each corner), lift the rear seat slightly and pull it down. Then remove the retaining clips and pull the parcel shelf out. Replace with one that's cut and ready for the light.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
A new shelf? I didn't think it could come off. Where might I find said part?(aside from the junk yard)
Aside from the junkyard, you are going to pay $$$! Unless a member here has one, and is willing to ship, but oversize postage will kill.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
It's not too bad. I think there's a how to link in the Topic Finder.

·
Premium Member
7,300 Posts
To get a fold down rear seat, you have to get the entire rear back seat (minus the seat cushion) from a donor car. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Matt_aka_Dale
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing