Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what engine parts off of svt contours can be used on tauruses
I know brad has svt cams installed
now im wondering if the upper and lower intake manifolds would fit?
i know ppl with contours use em with 3L duratec conversions
tbs and mafs? i dunno if theyre better or bigger though
also how about msds headers?? alot of ppl on contour.org have em install on their 3L hybrids
now im guessing all of this is because of clearance issues but the headers would probably fit with a custom y-pipe
also it would be cool if we put some svt mods into the modifications list sticky
one last thing, can the pre cats in taurus headers but gutted???

:05:

G

·
Brad has SVT heads and cams. The cams alone won't be of much use though, it's the heads that raise compression.

Upper intakes fit, but need to be hogged out in the TB area to allow proper use of the 3.0l TB. The 2.5 TB is smaller.

Headers won't fit without modification due to the ATX in the Taurus.

Any cats can be gutted.

With as much as these topics have been covered, you should be able to find further information by using the search function.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I think you would see a decrease until you ported it out, then you would probably equal out numbers between the too....I think it'd bef for the style only....however i could be wrong

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Oct 13 2004, 11:05 AM
Brad has SVT heads and cams.  The cams alone won't be of much use though, it's the heads that raise compression.

Upper intakes fit, but need to be hogged out in the TB area to allow proper use of the 3.0l TB.  The 2.5 TB is smaller.

Headers won't fit without modification due to the ATX in the Taurus.

Any cats can be gutted. 

With as much as these topics have been covered, you should be able to find further information by using the search function.
thx for the info, just thought i would be interesting to try an get into this topic to know which parts work and which dont because they could be very good altenatives to spendingtons of $$$ to get extra power out of your bull

what kind of increase do you get with just the upper intake
I can find numbers just kinda lazy right now, think around 10hp(really not sure though, wait till i get numbers before judging) cause theyre extrude and honed(did i type this right?) twice

hey bob, btw can you buy an aftermarket tb to fit the svt manifolds so that it works???
and if you do, do you hafta get a chipto make it work right or is that just for when you buy an aftermarket maf??
also about the headers, what youre saying is that they would work on brads car right? and on an atx, would you be able to install em with a custom y-pipe or is it not possible??

·
Registered
517 Posts
i deffinately new that they had to be extrude and honed...
but the upper intake will bolt to our lower intake?
and how much differnt are the svt's takes and the regualar 2.5's
cause i thought that the only differenace was that the svt was p/p

... reason is i know were i can get a intake off a wrecked cougar...

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
this info is covered may times and stickied in at least 4 forums.

The rear headder will not fit a taurus

The cams will not just bolt in

Neither will the heads without modification

The intake will bolt up with a new fuel rail and a ton of modification

And theres a ton of other stuff that can be made to fit.

10hp? Wow, i must have gained about 200hp from my 55hp shot of nitrous! As for intake gains...well theres no "what will i gain". Its WHERE will you gain/loose power and torque. The intakes design flattens the torque curve.

Thers alot of misinformation being porpogated here, so im gonna close this thread. Please search, either here or contour.org, fordcontour.org, fastcougar.com, fordmondeo.com or focaljet.com for information reguarding this stuff or feel free to PM me with INFORMED questions.

Brad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.