Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it's been a long time :( and its not a contour site :eek: but i have working alot and had a few healt problems

now its my contour that got problem :angryfire: i tryed too fint the manuel shop online but nothing

its my power stering that is dead i dont know if its the hose or the pump so i want too know if its hard too change it and what do i have too do for it

i think its the hose cause i put oil in the tank and it work great but after about 10 minutes its done no more oil canadiantire charge me 3.5 hours to do it but if its easy i would do it myself so any advise would be great and the shop manuel would be a realy good thing

thx alot guys :thumb:

Stephane

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi - You might have better luck posting this one at

http://www.contour.org/

They're a top-notch Contour/Mystique/Mondeo group.
I sure do miss my Mercury Mystique though. Stellar handling with the best headlights of any car I've owned.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
well if the accesories are set up anything like on the tec taurus/sables the pump shouldnt be too bad as for the hose idk also might want to look into your power steering rack they can also leak like that

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you plan on fixing that car every time it breaks...then picking up a Haynes or Chilton Manual couldn't hurt...they cost about $15 online...and they make finding parts and specs easier.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
You can try checking autozone too, they have decent manuals sometimes.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
www.fordcontour.org

oh look, contour.org is back up... their server was down for a week because it's outdated and is flooded with boy racers flaming one another.

The 2.5L V6's PS pump is the same as the Taurus Duratec pump, but access is tighter. The upper engine mount bracket is in the way. You do not need to remove it, but it makes the job more difficult.

Is it leaking PS fluid?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
www.fordcontour.org

oh look, contour.org is back up... their server was down for a week because it's outdated and is flooded with boy racers flaming one another.

The 2.5L V6's PS pump is the same as the Taurus Duratec pump, but access is tighter. The upper engine mount bracket is in the way. You do not need to remove it, but it makes the job more difficult.

Is it leaking PS fluid?
[/b]
i dont see where its leaking but after i fill it up full it took about 10 minutes and no more power stering

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Is it whining or groaning when you turn the steering wheel?

If you are loosing fluid and it's not immediately leaking out, you may have blown a seal in the steering rack. Check the rubber boots on the inner tie rods. If a seal in the rack has blown, the fluid will fill the rubber boots. If fluid squishes out when you squeeze the boot, the rack seals have failed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it whining or groaning when you turn the steering wheel?

If you are loosing fluid and it's not immediately leaking out, you may have blown a seal in the steering rack. Check the rubber boots on the inner tie rods. If a seal in the rack has blown, the fluid will fill the rubber boots. If fluid squishes out when you squeeze the boot, the rack seals have failed.
[/b]
its looks like its leaking on the back of the motor in front of the driver its only wet there

for the ps pump its on the pass side on top of the motor betwen the heads if i am right hope i am lolll

for the sound yep it got a whining and the stering wheel come very hard too turn but i put fluid in it its all ok

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Wow, that brings back memories. I had the full set of manuals at one point. I had the same 95 2.5 Duratec. As I recall, I also had a hose go on the power steering pump and that leaked fluid but it was a simple replacement and it didn't cost me that much. Don't remember what I did with those manuals, I got rid of mine in 2004. Might have thrown one out as I think I left it in the trunk once and it got a little wet. But it was a 3 volume set. Contour.org is probably your best bet though.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
If it works when you add fluid, the pump is OK. However, the pump will not last long without fluid. The longer it continues to leak and starve the pump, the more likely the pump will be damaged.

Yes, the pump is located on the passenger side, near the top of the engine, between the cylinder banks, directly underneath the upper engine bracket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thx alot at least i find the pump lolll there is no place too work under that hood now i got too find where is that leak

for the pump i know i only make it work with fluid in it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thx alot

i will change the pressure hose tonight , it's rusty prety bad

haaaa the good old salt on the road

1 - 13 of 13 Posts