Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
X

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a pita to raise and lower my driver's side headrest. I move it down after working out to hold the towel on my seat, then I move it back up to prevent whiplash if someone were to hit me. Does this happen to anyone else, where you literally have to start beating it to go down and up?

Guess I'll have to switch it with my passenger's side or something... :uptosumpn:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
501 Posts
No, I usually take a shower in the gym, or at least dry up and change my shirt before leaving. But then again, I go freakishly early when the showers are still clean.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
569 Posts
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Jan 28 2004, 01:31 AM
Its a pita to raise and lower my driver's side headrest. I move it down after working out to hold the towel on my seat, then I move it back up to prevent whiplash if someone were to hit me. Does this happen to anyone else, where you literally have to start beating it to go down and up?

Guess I'll have to switch it with my passenger's side or something... :uptosumpn:
The thing is getting old. Why don't you just spray some lubricant down the posts or something?

Does the 4 way (front to back) still work ok?
 
X

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by biteableniles@Jan 27 2004, 11:05 PM
The thing is getting old. Why don't you just spray some lubricant down the posts or something?

Does the 4 way (front to back) still work ok?
Yeah, when I take it out some time this weekend I'll see what I can do. front to back works great.
 
X

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Zack@Jan 27 2004, 10:38 PM
No, I usually take a shower in the gym, or at least dry up and change my shirt before leaving. But then again, I go freakishly early when the showers are still clean.
I hope you are not one of those people who walk around naked in the locker room...[shrugs] If I am at the gym on campus, I shower there. It has shower stalls with curtains
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Pull it all the way up or even better out, and spray the posts with a good coating of a silicone based lube. I built seats for Ford for years and that is what we used when they are first assembled. Without it they were a real pain in the neck to move up or down. Also, make sure your headrest posts are straight, if not just put in a vise and straighten them right out. Lastly the headrest pins themselves(the piece the headrest sits in) have a tendency to like to slip and come up a little. This will also make it hard to move, if you notice one pin sits higher than the other just put a rag over it and tap lightly with a hammer till it is seated all the way in. Good luck, darn headrests can be frustating sometimes.
 
X

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Last night I sprayed some wd-40 down there and it works great now.

Problem solved


However since last night, my rear driver's door latch is getting loose and I noticed a bearing noise from my water pump as I pulled into the driveway today!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
725 Posts
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to................. WD40
If it moves and it's not supposed to...................... Duct Tape

Words to live by
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top