Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, here goes:

I own a 99 Merc Sable GS. Lately I've been noticing that I can feel quite a bit of vibration through the gas pedal. Unlike some of the other posts I've seen, this isn't confined to a certain speed range or RPM. Basically, the faster I drive the car the more intense the vibration becomes. I thought that perhaps my aging tires were a contributing factor so I had all 4 tires replaced and nothing changed. Wheel bearings on all four wheels are good. Nothing in my suspension is loose, except the LF lower ball joint needs replacement. All of my car's fluid are regularly maintained. I just had the transmission fluid flushed and replaced and there was no change in the vibration. The road surface has no effect on this either. I feel vibrations even on fresh asphalt. I did notice this past winter that the pedal vibration decreases if the engine is warmed up via driving around town, stopped, and then started after 15 minutes or so.

I haven't looked into anything related to the pedal link, acceleration cable, or anything else related to the structural parts of the pedal assembly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
Pedal Vib

First post, here goes:

I own a 99 Merc Sable GS. Lately I've been noticing that I can feel quite a bit of vibration through the gas pedal. Unlike some of the other posts I've seen, this isn't confined to a certain speed range or RPM. Basically, the faster I drive the car the more intense the vibration becomes. I thought that perhaps my aging tires were a contributing factor so I had all 4 tires replaced and nothing changed. Wheel bearings on all four wheels are good. Nothing in my suspension is loose, except the LF lower ball joint needs replacement. All of my car's fluid are regularly maintained. I just had the transmission fluid flushed and replaced and there was no change in the vibration. The road surface has no effect on this either. I feel vibrations even on fresh asphalt. I did notice this past winter that the pedal vibration decreases if the engine is warmed up via driving around town, stopped, and then started after 15 minutes or so.

I haven't looked into anything related to the pedal link, acceleration cable, or anything else related to the structural parts of the pedal assembly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff
I have the same on both my '01 and '03.

See Pic.

On both the cable rubs on an electric connector. I put an old cotton glove on the '01 and cable tie it to the connector. On the one in the pic, I used a tie to tie it to the water hose that it was rubbing.

I do not have a good solution, put up a post earlier and have not heard from others. My glove works, the car show in not in service, waiting for a new windshield.

Good luck.

-chart-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts