Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i've found a loaded LS, a 2001. It looks awesome. Only has 84k miles, and the guy only wants 2500 for it
does this seem like a candidate for any major problems??

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
QUOTE (MikeG95 @ Mar 4 2009, 10:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705592
Ok so i've found a loaded LS, a 2001. It looks awesome. Only has 84k miles, and the guy only wants 2500 for it
does this seem like a candidate for any major problems??[/b]

Ask to see if you can take it to a mechanic, and have them look at it. Also spend the money on a car fax. The car will need stuff, being a used car, and private sale, but that doesn't seem half bad :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Sounds like a good price if everything checks out!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
That's a pretty good price. Hopefully it won't have too many major problems. Standard stuff on my 2001 Taurus are things like the front and rear springs. It's well known that the rear ends tend to sag and I've actually had the front and rear springs break on me. The only major thing I can think of is the transmission fluid, you should make sure it's been changed regularly. My autolamps also just failed recently at 110k. You should drive through a tunnel to see if they come on automatically including the headlights. Or just cover the sensor on the center of the dash with a piece of paper and see if they come on. Also if you had the keypad, make sure you get the code. And get two keys for the car. Other than that, you can't really complain too much at that price.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My 2¢

$2500 - price
$2000 for repairs (suspension, tune-up, etc.)

As long as it is not transmission, you are still pretty good..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts