Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 2000 Taurus SE (Vulcan with 46,000km) serviced yesterday. Now I'm noticing some condensation on a pipe in the engine, which eventually cools and drops to the ground when the car is stationary. I'll try to describe where it is, so I was hoping someone could tell me what component is covered in condensation.

There's a black, cylinder in front of the engine coolant reservoir. There's a pipe leaving this cylinder vertically for a few inches (I think), which then travels about 6 inches to the right (as you look at the engine). The pipe then travels towards the rear of the engine compartment.

When the engine is running, this pipe is covered in condensation (water? I couldn't notice any smell or real colour when I tested the liquid from the ground). When the car is driven and stops, the condensation falls to the ground as liquid drops.

Any ideas what this might be? The temperature here has been between 23C - 35C if that makes a difference.

Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'f I'm understanding correctly, it's an A/C line. Normal. The line will probably be very cold while this is going on. The black cylinder is the receiver/dryer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I see. I didn't dare touch it while the pipe was hot, just in case. I'll see what I can find on Google about the A/C, or at least this receiver/dryer. It makes sense that if the pipe carries cold air, and it's hot outside (and in the engine compartment), then there will be condensation. I just never noticed this before yesterday.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by Jeckler@Jul 29 2004, 12:09 PM
I'f I'm understanding correctly, it's an A/C line. Normal. The line will probably be very cold while this is going on. The black cylinder is the receiver/dryer.
:withstupid:, but sorry no pictures for you since i have a duratec.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The line in question is the low side, or suction line. It will be cold and drip, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It is a/c and there is also a black long and narrow spout on the firewall behind the engine that yets the condensation out from the internal a/c parts. It usually dumps a lot of water out when you stop the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts