Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you awesome members of Taurus Car Club!
I have a 2001 Sable LS with 173,245 miles on it. I purchased it when it had 154,000 miles all highway a couple of years ago (2006). Recently I noticed that after any drive, there is always water drops on the ground in the path that I was driving. I put muy finger in the drops and they are definatley water drops. They always come from the end of the exhaust about the beginning of the trunk, and dripping off the exhaust pipe. When I put my finger in the drips, my finger feels kind of tacky like as if I stuck my finger into oil, only not as tacky, just kind of the same type of tacky. When my finger dries the tackiness goes away. I know this sounds anal, but it has been my experience that sometimes little things like this can become an ignored important early warning sign for something really expensive. Should I worry about this. The condensation I am sure is just normal, but it is the tackiness that worries me. Does anyone know if this can be an indication something is wrong? I truly appreciate all help you can give me, as I am a computer tech, and know very little about cars.
Thank you in advance and god bless!

(The best thing that ever came of the internet is the Taurus Car Club Of America)

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. The only fluids the car has are oil, tranny, coolant, brake. The only fluid that would evaporate is coolant, and that has a very distinctive smell and taste (sweet because of the glycol).

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
a byproduct of combustion is water almost a gallon for every gallon of gas used. i personally would not worry about it. all cars drip water from the exhaust

1 - 3 of 3 Posts