Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'96 Taurus Vulcan, Mil came on and first time it said EGR valve. Replaced it. MIL again and it said MAF, replaced it. MIL yet again for Camshaft Position Sensor, replaced it. It was cracked and needed replacing, as for the other 2, I couldn't tell you. Now MIL again and it says Camshaft Pos still. Please help!!! Thanks, David.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you mean the computer, on the firewall. I will check next time I look at the car, if corrosion is a common caper, should I pre-treat my other car(s) with dielectric grease in all plugs?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Beware dielectric grease on low voltage connectors. I prefer WD 40.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Considering the connector has no corrosion inhibitors to start with if you spray the WD 40 and let it dry it will offer a good deal of moisture repellent corrosion inhibindness..... :blink:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Dictionary! :lol:

Yeah, as SHOZ123 mentioned, a light spray of WD-40 is plenty. The seals are already pretty tight--the WD-40 just keeps humidity and condensation from working its way in there.

I had a problem with the PCM throwing bogus codes, so I cleaned up and sprayed every connector I could find, including the PCM connector. I also uncovered a slightly loose ground strap (from the engine to the firewall near the PCM) and tightened it. Haven't had those problems since...

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had a friend with a Honda he checked the codes on it once and all the trouble codes were indicated. He said it was because of a corroded conection with the computer. I said the reason was that Honda's are just crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts